We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to work in the team for our rapidly growing gaming platform. This opportunity will allow you to use the skills you have in frontend and backend development, with the primary focus being on the development of backend API based microservices.
If these software development areas excite you, join us on our journey!
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture.
- Identify, prioritise and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Review and debug code.
- Perform validation and verification testing.
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products.
- Develop and maintain documentation on product development phases and monitor systems.
- Demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technologies.
- Support software engineers by providing advice and mentorship.
- Contribute to and direct the efforts of a development team, including internal and external team members.
- Gather user requirements, define system functionality and contribute to feature design.
- Assist in task planning, estimation, scheduling and resourcing.
- Determine root cause for the most complex software issues and develop practical, efficient and permanent technical solutions.
- Excellent Communication.
- Proven experience as a Software Engineer.
- Extensive experience in software development and delivery.
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to lead others.
- Ability to provide in-depth evaluation and analysis of unique complex technological issues.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree is a plus.
We’re on a mission to take gaming into a new realm and bring more joy into the world, and we need the right people to make this happen. Join us on our journey!
We’re a growing team of incredibly talented and diverse individuals who are always keen to learn and have fun.
- We offer an innovative, fun culture and growth-focused team.
- The flexibility to make a real impact and have work/life balance.
- A team of authentic, talented and passionate people who believe deeply in what we are doing and love working together to make magic happen.
- We have offices in Wellington, Westport and Christchurch, NZ. We like to be together in the office several days per week to catch up, but we also have great flexibility to work from home.
- We have a high performance culture with oodles of energy, ambition, and belief.
- We have modern systems and ways of working and we prioritise being efficient and effective in all that we do.
- We're thoughtful about lifestyle balance.
- As a team and business we are constantly looking for ways to grow, to be inspired, and to learn from each other and from our community.
- We are empathetic, open, and honest with each other at all times.
If this is the position for you please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why this job is for you.